GENERAL DISCLAIMER: TruAssure Insurance Company is not responsible for material posted to a social media site by any person or entity other than TruAssure Insurance Company and does not guarantee the content, accuracy, or use of the content. TruAssure Insurance Company does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. TruAssure Insurance Company specifically disclaims all liability for claims or damages that may result from any posting on this site. TruAssure Insurance Company accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this forum, and such opinions do not necessarily reflect the policies of TruAssure Insurance Company. In no event shall TruAssure Insurance Company be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on information on this site.
- You must be at least 18 years old to interact with any content on any TruAssure Insurance Company social media site. Children under 18 years of age shall not use any social media site to submit any Personally Identifiable Information about themselves.
- As a guest posting content to any TruAssure Insurance Company social media site, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in TruAssure Insurance Company’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-TruAssure Insurance Company services or products), promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other malicious computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- By posting any content on any TruAssure Insurance Company social media site, you grant to TruAssure Insurance Company the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any TruAssure Insurance Company purpose.
- By submitting content, including Personally Identifiable Information, to any of TruAssure Insurance Company social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that TruAssure Insurance Company may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of TruAssure Insurance Company. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via this site used, published, copied, and/or reprinted, please do not post on this page. To protect your information, do not post medical or dental information on any of our social media sites or disclose personal identifiable information like your location, account numbers, claims information, financial information, etc.
- You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. TruAssure Insurance Company does not control third-party sites and the internet over which you may choose to send confidential or personal information; therefore TruAssure Insurance Company does not make any warranties, express or implied, against interceptions or compromises to your information.
- You may not provide any content to a TruAssure Insurance Company social media site that contains any unrelated product or service endorsements.
- While TruAssure Insurance Company makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media sites and respond in a timely manner as applicable, we may not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information. Please remember that information posted on any of our social media platforms shouldn't be considered medical advice and shouldn't replace a consultation with a health care professional.
- All links to other Web sites found linked from TruAssure Insurance Company’s social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by TruAssure Insurance Company, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external Web sites.
- When you visit the social media site or send comments, direct messages, or e-mails to TruAssure Insurance Company, you are communicating with TruAssure Insurance Company electronically. In so doing, you consent to receive communications electronically, whether by comment, direct message, e-mail, or by posting notices on the social media site. By accessing the social media site and/or utilizing any of its features, you thereby agree and acknowledge that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. TruAssure Insurance Company will have no liability for disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during transmission.
- TruAssure Insurance Company reserves the right to remove any content in violation of this policy or that is otherwise objectionable, as well as to take steps to block access by any person violating this policy. Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations, and programs not related to or affiliated with TruAssure Insurance Company)
- Comments that use foul language or "hate speech" (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or gender bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments), instead of just criticizing his/her posting, opinion, or comments
- Comments that violate the privacy of our members, employees, and their families including any information posted about children under 13
- Comments that contain Protected Health Information. Please note, we use, disclose, and protect such HIPAA Protected Health Information in accordance with our Notice of Privacy Practices. Please review our Notice of Privacy Practices (which is attached at the end of these Terms and Conditions), which also governs your visit to the social media site to the extent applicable, to understand our practices.
- Your use of TruAssure Insurance Company social media sites is at your own risk. Neither TruAssure Insurance Company nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering these social media sites is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or other damages whatsoever arising out of your access to or use of, these social media sites even if TruAssure Insurance Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Without limiting the foregoing, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT (A) THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE AND ALL THE CONTENTS THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (B) TRUASSURE INSURANCE COMPANY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, (C) TRUASSURE INSURANCE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE OR ANY ADVICE, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THESE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, (D) TRUASSURE INSURANCE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE OR ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE OR THE CONTENTS THEREOF RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, TRUASSURE INSURANCE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
TruAssure Insurance Company also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damage to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property, or for any loss or corruption of data on account of your access to, use of or browsing of the social media site. In no event shall TruAssure Insurance Company’s total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you to TruAssure Insurance Company, whether or not any such amounts are actually paid, for accessing the social media site or any of the content thereon.
- TruAssure Insurance Company operates within the United States of America and is physically located in Illinois, and this Policy is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Illinois, without giving effect to the conflict of law provisions thereof and expressly excluding any application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You agree that any legal action arising from or relating in any way to the Policy will be brought exclusively in the Federal or State courts located in DuPage County, Illinois, and you irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of such courts. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TruAssure Insurance Company and its agents and affiliates against any claim, liability, expense or damages arising from or relating to your use of TruAssure Insurance Company social media sites. If any provision of this Policy shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any other reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remainder of the Policy and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- TruAssure Insurance Company reserves the right to change, amend, adjust, add to or delete from this Policy as stated here from time to time, as necessary and without notice.